Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Holiday Traditions


I love, love, LOVE Christmas. I probably get as excited as just about any kid out there. I don't think that early October is too early to listen to Christmas music or watch my favorite holiday movies. In fact, my kids have been watching Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas for the last two weeks. Drives Keith nuts! He is perfectly happy to wait until Thanksgiving is over to start celebrating. Not me! One of my favorite things about this time of year is the special family traditions. And I am always looking for new, fun things to do with my family. So, I want to hear about YOUR favorite holiday tradition. The one that inspires me the most might just win a little something. Please share and later I will post about our family traditions and some new ones we are starting this year.

4 comments:

JoJo said...

Lurker here... all the adults in my family make a gift for eachother. I can't begin to list all the things we have done but some include: homemade gallon of ice cream, blankets, scrapbook calendar, MCAT study guide, spice rack, Treasure Valley Golf Guide, baseball bat, cookbook, reusable shopping bags. We call some of them "gifts of research" because of the time that went into them. For example someone compiled a list of "Must Reads" in various categories, sports, fiction, biography, etc. Gosh this is a long comment. I think you get the idea. But it's great because it forces creativity and people who are crafty or whatever come up with great ideas.

JoJo said...

I meant to say "people who AReN'T crafty still come up with great ideas."

christine said...

I don't think you know me but I found your blog off Gina's a while ago and have been loving it. You are such a great mother, wife, and homemaker. I wish I could be more creative like you. Anyway, my brother went to school with Keith and we actually hung out to. Tell him it's Christine Dennett. One beautiful tradition my family has is singing Happy B-day to Jesus every Christmas season. (We know it's not his real b-day, but helps keep the true meaning of Christmas intact). We always make a white angel food cake with a red candle in the middle and all sing Happy Birthday. It seems kind of weird but is actually very spiritual. Hope you don't mind me checking your blog-I think it's the funnest way to "get out of the house" when you actually can't get out of the house!

Ranay said...

There's nothing wrong with watching holiday movies this early! Heck, my boys watched it a couple times earlier this summer! I love the holidays too.