Sunday, January 16, 2011

January 9-15, 2011

We enjoy playing games together as a family. Jaxson got Legos Minotaurus for Christmas this year and we spent Sunday evening playing it. Emersyn won this go round.




Monday was my lucky day!!! I went shopping Monday morning to find Keith a pair of slippers for our at home date. I didn't find any slippers, but I did find this coat from the Gap on clearance for a killer price!


I also had entered a contest from a fabulous illustrator named Tricia Rennea. Well, I WON!! She did this amazing custom illustration of me that I will use for my preschool. I look pretty dang cute as a cartoon! ;)


Emersyn has always loved the water and would bathe for hours a day if we let her. What she loves even for than a bath is a bubble bath!



We can almost always find Jaxson reading a book. In fact, we have a heck of a time finding books for him to read fast enough.



I went to bed early Monday night not feeling well. Emersyn had left this note on my pillow. The big smiley face is me, the little one is her.



Jaxson has had the opportunity of being in the Gifted and Talented class for the last two years at school. The class meets once a week and does a fun project. This week they folded these "Pup in a Cup." He is always so proud and excited to show us his special projects from this class.


Jaxson has scouts every Thursday evening. I think he looks so handsome and grown-up in his scouting uniform, but he keeps insisting that he just looks "regular."


Jaxson was chosen to Be Like Bentley at school this week. He was able to fill out this questionnaire that will be hung at school for the week. I love that he wants to be a spy when he grows up!


Emersyn had a bad dream and came upstairs to sleep on our floor for the rest of the night. It didn't take Honey long to realize she was there and joined her.


Ahhhhh! Heaven in a carton! No bowl needed.



I came home from doing some shopping Friday night and Emersyn had set up a picnic in the living room for her baby and some stuffed animals.




Emersyn and I picked up some cupcakes from the Cocoa Bean Cafe for Keith and I's Saturday night date. Here she is enjoying a cupcake. Or the frosting rather. She didn't touch the cake part.


Saturday Keith and Jaxson went snowboarding with some friends. Jaxson has been snowboarding since he was 5 and loves it. Like father, like son!


Here is the invitation I did to invite Keith to our date! I did a Baby, It's Cold Outside theme. The coat fit in perfectly with the theme!


I brought in some snow and we made indoor snowmen.


Masterpiece complete! My snowman is on the left, Keith's on the right.



A delicious cupcake sampler platter!


I made some homemade hot chocolate. So good! The recipe is:

1 can sweetened condensed milk
4 cups milk
4 T cocoa
1 t vanilla or peppermint extract

Heat all ingredients in saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly for 10 minutes or until hot. Serve immediately with whipped cream. Yum!



After we made our snowmen, we sat by the fire eating cupcakes, sipping hot chocolate, and reading Shel Silverstein poems. Shel Silverstein has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. Now my kids love to listen to me read his poems to them! Here a few of my favorites:

My Beard

My beard grows to my toes,
I never wears no clothes,
I wraps my hair
Around my bare,
And down the road I goes

The Battle

Would you like to hear
Of the terrible night
When I bravely fought the....
No?
All right.

Listen to the Mustn'ts

Listen to the mustn'ts, child,
Listen to the don'ts
Listen to the shouldn'ts
The impossibles, the wont's
Listen to the never haves
Then listen close to me-
Anything can happen, child,
Anything can be.



Another great week! This week I'm especially thankful for a loving, hard working husband who loves me unconditionally!

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Your date looked like it turned out so cute! I wrote the hot chocolate recipe down. I'm gonna try it for sure! I must say, you are my most creative friend :)! Any yes, you are pretty cute as a cartoon!

Gonzales Family said...

I agree with Tricia... you are a pretty cute cartoon! I am impressed that you went to all the effort with you date! It turned out super cute!
xoxo Lindz

crystal carlson said...

I love your guys' date nights--I'll have to steal some of your ideas :) I love your cartoon too--so cute! Tell those cute kids of yours hi for us & Keith too :)

Unknown said...

I love that you do at home dates but jazz them up like you do! I think I will have to give it a try!