Friday, September 5, 2008

Coupon Clipping





I have to admit that I have always felt slightly irritated when I'm at the grocery store and the person in front of me pulls out a fat wad of coupons. The only coupons I ever use are the 40% off ones at Roberts and Michaels. But hey, tough times call for desperate measures. With the high cost of everything nowadays I have decided to join ranks with the tight wads. I mean frugal. I am going to clip coupons! I put together a nifty coupon binder. I have 16 different divider tabs and trading card protectors to store the coupons in. I also found an awesome blog called Being Frugal Is Fabulous. She tells you how to get started and keeps an up-to-date post of great deals and terrific coupons. Check it out! www.frugalisfab.blogspot.com If you are interested in becoming a coupon clipper, leave me a post or shoot me an email. Maybe we can come up with a fun weekly challenge or some such.

10 comments:

Ranay said...

You are so ambitious - put me to shame! I use to clip coupons, but I always forgot to use them so I stopped. Maybe if I were better organized like you!

JANEAL said...

I've thought about the whole coupon thing and thought I should give it a try if I can remember what I have a coupon for when I'm at the store. I'll have to check out that blog.

Gina Lee said...

Love It! You are so creative.

Janet said...

Great binder! I am interested in going to bat with you. I know we live far apart, but the challenge thing sounds like fun. Let me know.

Danny & Crystal said...

You always have such good ideas and you're so organized--I need to be more like you!

Nicole said...

Sign me up - maybe I can find coupons that I can actually use!

Gina Lee said...

Okay, so now you have to tell us where you bought your trading card protectors, your cute binder and what are your 16 different dividers? I went to Walgreens today and saved a TON! Love it!

Angela said...

Love it! Did you get this idea off my blog? If so, it makes me happy to see someone benefitting from a great idea. I haven't even made mine yet! Mabye I need to show yours off too. I'm honored to be on your links list. Thanks! Take care.

Megan said...

Hi Jenni! I'm Gina's sister in law Megan, I met you at the book club. I definitely need to be more frugal! I'm up to the challenge, and I like your blog! I learned how to make syrup today...

Smith Family said...

Hey -
Do you mind me asking how much it cost you to get it all together? And if you want a fun website go to www.pinchingyourpennies.com. Here in utah they have a newspaper special to get 5 sunday newspapers so you can stock up on coupons.