Saturday, September 13, 2008

Good Thing I Love These Two




Most of you already know how much I love my dumb dogs. And good thing, too. Yesterday I had to take Harley (he is the handsome Boston Terrier) to the vet. Who knew that dogs could get ear infections? Not me. But apparently he had a real bad one and needed medication. So I grumbled and complained about the forty dollars that that little trip cost me. Then today, we come home from boating and Honey can't open her eye. It was swollen and weepy. So we called the vet. And a Saturday night appointment with the on-call doctor is eighty dollars just to be seen! Not to mention the three medications she has to take several times a day for the next week. Two hundred dollars later the dogs are on their way back to good health and happiness. Oh yeah- Keith thought it would have been cheaper to just have them put to sleep!

6 comments:

JANEAL said...

That's why I just don't have pets....okay it's only one of the reasons. I didn't know you had two dogs. Hopefully they'll get better!

Audrey said...

Put to sleep? Oh, that's sad!
The one dog reminds me of Gremlin! I miss that dog!

The Clayton Clan said...

Oh, man! I'm honestly not an animal lover, and Christopher thinks that I'm just awful for it! But I know you are, so I hope your doggies feel better soon!

Nicole said...

You are good to take care of them. It's hard once you become attached. That's how I feel about our little cats. I always wish they would run away, but I would be sad if they didn't come back!

Jen said...

I know what you mean, our dog had life threatening surgery last week to remove a twisted spleen and it was $400. That is $1200 we have spent on surgeries for her in the past year and a half. By the way, I tagged you so check out my blog.

crystal carlson said...

I'm sorry about your dogs I hope they get feeling better soon!